Test Technician (Medical Device)Do you have solid Laboratory based experienced, with experience in running test protocols for testing Medical Devices? Are you looking for an...
Development Scientist (Molecular/Genetics)
Do you hold a background in Molecular Biology and/or Genetics? Do you have skills in areas such as Fluorescent in-situ Hybridisation (FISH) and looking for a role within a development team?
My Cambridgeshire based client is a well established provider of molecular based screening tools within Genetic Disease and Cancer. Serving the healthcare, research, and clinical industries, their innovative products are distributed to a global customer network.
As my client continues to experience success they are now seeking a Development Scientist to join their R&D team; utilising skills in PCR, Fluorescent in-situ Hybridisation (FISH) and Bacterial Manipulation.
The main responsibilities of the role will include;
* Development of new products (DNA based)
o Fluorescent labelling of DNA
o Bacterial Manipulation
* Introduction of new technologies and methodologies
* Processing and completion of custom orders
* Resolution of technical issues within R&D
* Planning and conduct development experiments
* Liaise with QC, Marketing, Sales and Production to provide support where needed.
To be considered for the Development Scientist role you will have the following skills and experience:
* Bachelors or Master's degree (or equivalents) in Molecular Biology or Genetics (Essential)
* Experience in Fluorescent in-situ Hybridisation is strongly desired
* PCR, Bacterial Manipulations (Essential)
* Some postgraduate experience is essential for this role.
* Exposure to a clinical environment (desired)
* Knowledge and interest in product and/or process development..
Candidates at different levels will be considered for this role. Candidates will have sound technical skills in areas such as FISH and other related techniques within genetic disease.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 234768.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.