Quality Control and Analytical Chemistry Manager
c£50,000 p/a + 12% bonus, Healthcare & Pension
Do you have experience in Managing Pharmaceutical Quality Control OperationsWould you like to work for an innovative & award winning Drug Development company?
My client is a leading CRO, providing a world class service to Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and drug discovery organisations supporting the development and clinical testing of novel drug candidates. They are looking to hire an experienced Quality Control and Analytical Chemistry Manager to lead Quality Control activities.
As the Quality Control and Analytical Chemistry Manager, you will manage the activities and resources in the QC laboratories (QC Chemistry Lab, Microbiology Lab, Isolator Room, Quarantine Store), in an efficient safe and compliant manner, in order to support operational delivery of the companies drug development activities.The key responsibilities are:
- Effectively manage and lead a multidisciplinary team of highly specialist analytical chemists, microbiologist and lab technicians, and ensure they are fully trained and competent for their roles.
- Manage the daily activities in the QC laboratories for the delivery of products to support clinical demands.
- Ensure the QC release of PET radiopharmaceuticals for human use.
- Lead analytical method development for implementation of all new radiopharmaceuticals for human use.
- Oversee management of Raw Materials entering the manufacture of clinical batches of radiopharmaceuticals.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement in the QC laboratories
- Ensure the QC laboratories, equipment and analytical methods are fully functioning and compliant and conform to standards and the appropriate regulatory standards in the UK.
To be considered for the role, you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry or a similar subject
- Operational expertise of laboratory equipment supporting Quality Control Testing
- Strong people management & Project management skills gained within QC testing and Analytical Chemistry.
- Able to lead training, personal development and appraisals for a team of multidisciplinary scientists.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations such as GMP & ICH.
- Pro-active and logical approach to problem solving, and good attention to detail.
- Approachable and demonstrates effective interpersonal / communication skills with multidisciplinary colleagues at all levels.
- Able to work to flexible deadlines and to consistently deliver high quality results
- Able to cope with work in a pressured environment and have a good ability to organise their time.
- QP qualification would be desirable, training and qualification to QP Status may be given.
Key Words "QC, Quality Control, Team Leader, Lab Manager, Quality Control Manager, GMP, Pharmaceutical, QC Manager, ICH, Analytical Chemistry, QC Chemist"
Please apply online, email or call Neil Walton on 02030964706
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.