HSE Manager Lancashire Industrial Chemicals Title: HSE Manager Location: Lancashire base with UK travel Salary: £40,000 £50,000 dependant on current career level SRG is working...
Laboratory Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring skills in colour chemistry and QC/application testing of colour products.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
SRG is working exclusively with a global company who specialise in the manufacture of liquid dyes for application in the paper industries. As a result of their continued success and growth, they are now looking for a Laboratory Technician to support the Technical team. You will be based in the colour laboratory and will be predominantly involved in carrying out QC and application testing on a range of dyes. This role would ideally be suited to an individual with experience of working with colour products in a laboratory environment.
Benefits: Training provided, opportunity to progress into technical service, free parking and convenient public transport links, company bonus scheme. Flexible working hours of 35 hours, worked between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Carrying out quality control testing of dyes including solubility testing, stability testing and colour assessment by eye and instrumentation
- Conducting technical application testing of dyes on paper substrates for reliability, colour-fastness and stability
- Maintaining and updating relevant records
- Ensuring compliance with company Health & Safety, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 procedures
- Proven technical experience with colour products in a laboratory environment
- Experience with dyes is preferable but other applicable industries may include inks, paints, pigments, paper, colour dispersions, coatings, colour additives
- Knowledge of colour chemistry
- Ability to manage time and prioritise work as circumstances demand
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong communications skills
- Full clean driving licence would be preferable for potential travel, but is not essential
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with experience in the colour industry to develop their career with a leading company, with the potential to progress into customer-facing technical service.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: colour, colour chemistry, dye, dyestuffs, pigment, ink, paint, coatings, laboratory, colour-matching
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.