Graduate Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or related discipline and industrial experience, gained during or after degree course....
Senior Colour Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring significant knowledge and experience in azo dye chemistry and manufacturing of dyestuffs.
Title: Colour Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
SRG is working exclusively with a global company who specialise in the manufacture of liquid dyes for application in the paper industries. As a result of their continued success and growth, they are now looking for a Senior Colour Chemist to join the R&D Team. You will predominantly be involved in carrying out new product development and troubleshooting on plant and process issues. This role would be well suited to an experienced colour chemist with a thorough understanding azo dye chemistry and dyestuff manufacturing.
Benefits: Ideally located near to local amenities and public transport, collaborative and forward-thinking culture, free parking and company bonus scheme. Flexible working hours of 35 hours, worked between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Managing the R&D function in the design and development of new products or modifications for existing products
- Conducting synthesis and formulation as necessary to support product development and improvement
- Ensuring existing plant processes are under control by implementing appropriate test procedures where applicable
- Monitoring and recording key processing information and liaising with plant and laboratory teams on a daily basis.
- Further developing and refining existing plant process to improve robustness and consistency of processing in collaboration with plant and laboratory teams
- Involvement with the technical and commercial functions of the Paper Business Team
- Analysis of production data and testing of raw materials to inform development and manufacturing processes
- Proven knowledge and experience of azo dye chemistry
- Demonstrable experience of product development for dyes/dyestuffs and analytical equipment used for colour products
- Previous experience with the manufacture of colour products, preferably dyes
- Ability to prioritise and adapt in a rapidly changing manufacturing environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with regards to time and plant processing demands
- Excellent communication skills
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong technical experience in the development of azo dyes to take on a senior role in a leading company with a global reach.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: azo dye chemistry, colour, colour chemistry, dye, dyestuffs, R&D, manufacturing
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.