Analytical Development Scientist (Peptide Chemistry)Are you an Analytical Development Scientist with a clear ability to develop a large variety of analytical assays? Are you able...
Senior Scientist - Bioassay
Do you hold strong experience within the use of in vitro assays for characterisation of immune-oncology compounds? Ideally strong industry based experience, or a PhD looking to get into industry and use your immunology and oncology experience?
My client based in the Cambridgeshire area is an innovative company working within protein science, and with a number of key research groups work on supporting the development of biopharmaceuticals.
As my client continues to expand, they are currently seeking a Senior Scientist with a background in Immuno-oncology to join their Bioassay team.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Scientist - Bioassay will be:
* Development and utilisation of plate based Biochemical and Cell Based Assays, Fluorescence Microscopy and Flow Cytometry.
* Support the delivery of a range of customisation projects and development of new novel technologies for customers
* Critical analysis and interpretation of data
* Report research findings as required by the sponsoring client.
* Planning and developing of research methods and techniques within the research programme framework.
* Assist in the smooth running and supervision of the Bioassay Team.
To be considered for the role of Senior Scientist - Bioassay, you will have the following skills/experience:
* Strong knowledge and experience within Immuno-oncology (E)
* MSc (or equiv) and strong industry experience (E)
* PhD in Immunology or Oncology (D)
* Experience of in vitro assays for characterising immune-oncology compounds (eg T-Cell Activation assays) (E)
* Design and performing experimental processes (E)
* Use of characterisation/screening assays on multiple platforms eg Flow Cytometers, Fluorescence Microscopes/Cell Imaging and Microplate Readers (E)
My client will consider candidates with a very relevant PhD, a PhD with industry experience, or equally candidates with just strong relevant industry experience (in Immuno-oncology)
My client can offer a competitive salary based on experience, with additional benefits for this exciting opportunity.
If this role is of interest please apply online, or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 234768
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.