Laboratory Manager Location: South East England Salary: DOE Permanent Position
The laboratory manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the laboratory and for managing, motivating and effectively leading lab staff in the delivery and development of laboratory services to ISO 17025 / UKAS standards.
As a Laboratory Manager you be responsible for;
- Organisation and completion of routine chemical and physical testing including prioritisation, allocation, delegation and supervision of routine testing work conducted by the lab analyst or laboratory assistant.
- Acting as COSHH advisor to all parts of the business. To conform to all quality and safety systems and ensure that laboratory staff adheres to them.
- Main point of contact for UKAS Assessment Manager and Technical Assessors; agree and organise annual audit and agree and implement appropriate actions to close out all findings raised.
- Implement and maintain a programme of validation exercises, for both equipment and materials and conduct statistical evaluation of data obtained. Identify and investigate any non-confirming work and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Review and accept all external calibration certificates for equipment to ensure such equipment is fit for purpose.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you MUST have the following;
- Degree or equivalent in chemistry or related dicipline.
- Able to prioritise and manage staff and resources.
- Able to communicate with all levels of staff within the company and a wide range of individuals and organisations outside the company - such as customers, industry colleagues and auditors.
- Computer skills in applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat.
- COSHH / Risk assessment experience.
Key words " Lab Management, materials testing, chemical testing, physical testing"
Please apply online, call Mo Balajo on 0203 096 4714 or email .
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.