Laboratory Manager required, based in Lancashire. Requiring experience of people and project management and laboratory-based development of industrial chemicals. Title: Laboratory ManagerLocation: LancashireSalary: £34,000...
Laboratory Manager required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring experience of people management and laboratory-based quality control of chemical products.
Title: Laboratory Manager
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
SRG is working with a well-established company specialising in the manufacture of speciality chemicals for a range of industries. As a result of their continued growth and success, they are now looking for a Laboratory Manager to join the QC team at their site in West Yorkshire. The role will involve managing and developing a team of analysts and overseeing QC activities on site. This position would be well suited to an experienced chemist with a background in QC and good people management skills.
Benefits: Well established company still experiencing growth, enhanced pension scheme and company bonus scheme. Working hours of 39 hours, worked between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Thursday, with an earlier finish on Fridays.
Role / Description
- Managing, training and developing a team of Process Analysts and a QC Supervisor
- Managing the QC laboratory shift pattern and arranging overtime cover as needed
- Prioritising lab work as necessary, arranging lab evaluation of potential new raw materials, suppliers and products
- Reviewing and updating QC procedures and methods, identifying process and business improvements for the current product range
- Identifying and conducting analytical method development.
- Providing technical support for cleaning products and plant processes (including out of hours)
- Investigating nonconforming products, processes and customer complaints to determine corrective actions as necessary.
- Managing the laboratory COSHH system, HACCP plans and food hygiene audits
- Managing the preparation of sample orders.
- Stock control of QC lab reagents, glassware and equipment.
- Conducting internal quality audits
- Demonstrable experience of people management in a technical environment
- Proven experience in the quality control / QC of chemical products and good wet chemistry skills
- Qualification in Chemistry or relevant disciplin
- Quality focus, with good attention to detail
- Strong communication, time management and prioritisation skills
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with QC experience and good people management skills, who can lead by example.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: QC, quality control, laboratory, management, people management, wet chemistry, speciality chemicals, chemical industry
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.