Scientist, IntegrationJob Reference: BSCSci001 Location: London, UKPosted: 18th Sept 2017 Weekly Hours: 40.0 The RoleMy client have a great team consisting of dedicated and able...
Senior Analytical Chemist
£25,000 - £30,000 + Bonus + Healthcare + Pension
Do you have experience of pharmaceutical analysis in a GMP / GLP laboratory?
Would you like to work for a growing Pharmaceutical company in the London area?
Working as part of the Analytical and QC team you will perform a key laboratory based role in the chemical analysis of raw materials, intermediates and finished pharmaceutical products according to GMP / GLP standards.
In this role you will work closely with the Quality Assurance department to ensure ongoing product quality and adherence to FDA/MHRA guidelines and the internal Quality Management System. You will be expected to liaise with production and process staff in response to any OOS results, investigating and closing out non-conformances.
As a Senior Analyst you will be expected to act as mentor to other analysts and problem solve when required.The role will involve a variety of tasks including:
- Analysis of samples using HPLC, FTIR, UV/VIS, GC and other analytical chemistry test methodologies
- Investigation of non-conforming samples, CAPAs, data evaluation and reporting.
- Method Development & Method Validation supporting development of new product formulations.
- Write cGMP Quality documents including Standard Operating Procedures, laboratory equipment procedures and investigational protocols.
- Be responsible for the operation, maintenance, training delivery as an expert and maintain operating procedure for at least one piece of laboratory equipment.
- Author and approve (where appropriate) STPs and SOPs within the analytical laboratory.
- Perform technology transfer (method transfers) and critically evaluate data.
To be considered you must have the following skills and experience;
- Considerable previous experience working within a GMP/GLP compliant analytical laboratory within a pharmaceutical or healthcare company.
- Previous experience of running analytical techniques such as HPLC, FTIR, GC, TLC etc with the ability to extract and prep various pharmaceutical samples in a variety of dosage forms.
- A BSc, MSc, MChem, MSci or HND/HNC in a relevant chemical science (or have equivalent laboratory experience).
- As this role involves liaising with other departments on a regular basis, you will need good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Key Words "Pharmaceutical, Quality Control, GxP, GMP, QC, Senior Analyst, Analytical Chemistry, HPLC, FTIR, liquid, solid dose, oral, creams, tablets"
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 0203 0964706 for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.