Life Science Marketing Associate£23,00012 month Fixed Term ContractA great opportunuity for a Life Sciences graduate who wants to work in a marketing role in a...
Microbiology Manager - Central Belt of Scotland - Permanent Do you have experience within the biopharmaceutical industry? Can you perform well in a fast paced environment?
Can you work well in a team and also independently on your own initiative?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well with our client - Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.
On behalf of our client SRG are looking for outstanding individuals who want to make an impact in a new exciting business area and can work effectively to deliver targets, manage by example and drive standards.
Our client are building a new innovative manufacturing facility to deliver cell banking services and become the showcase facility for their products. We are looking for an experienced Microbiology Manager to play a pivotal role in this ambitious project providing leadership and direction for the team with the opportunity to be involved from initial strategy and set up of environmental monitoring and cell bank sterility testing programmes, through to full operation of the clean room facility and acting as Site Microbiologist.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate technical excellence in microbial systems inclusive of environmental monitoring and sterility testing requirements for a GMP facility. Additionally, you will have proven leadership, organisational and communication skills and a proven track record in laboratory systems or process management.
In return our client can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, full on the job training, and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a rapidly expanding successful CRO.
What you can look forward to
- Being accountable for the establishment of microbiological services
- Being accountable for day to day Environmental Monitoring, trending and interpretation of results and performing the functions of Site Microbiologist
- Being accountable for day to day running of the GMP sterility and Microbiology facility and process qualification
- Being accountable for the cell banking sterility testing programmes to GMP
- Generating project plans and assigning responsibilities & timelines
- Being responsible for the Microbiology team including supervision, delivery of goals and objectives, recruitment, supervision and training and development
- Liaising with clients both internal and external and representing the microbiology function during audits
- Challenging and improving our existing systems & processes
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the Company
- You will have a Degree, Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline with a proven track record for execution of environmental monitoring and sterility testing programmes within a GMP manufacturing facility.
- Excellent technical knowledge in microbial systems and sterility testing is essential.
- You will be a driven and motivational leader, with excellent organisational skills, prioritising multiple tasks to ensure on-time project delivery. As well as having the technical insight to problem solve and develop new processes.
- An excellent communicator at all levels with the technical insight to troubleshoot and develop new processes is essential.
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.