Title: Sensory Panel Leader Location: Southampton Contract: 12 months Rate: Competitive Are you a Sensory Scientist looking to gain leadership responsibilities? SRG Synergy is...
Senior PET Radiochemist
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Healthcare + Benefits
Based in London
Do you have experience in the Production of Radiochemicals?
Would you like to work for a leading CRO supporting drug development programmes?
This is a key role working for a unique Biotechnology company in the London area that provides a world class medical imaging service to industry and academic clients.
The PET team is actively engaged in an innovative and dynamic research program which includes the labelling and evaluation of novel PET ligands/tracers and assessing their application to drug discovery and development.
We are seeking an experienced PET Radiochemist to support clinical studies, validation and development work in the area of chemistry and radiochemistry. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Management of assigned projects, production laboratories, synthesis and dispensing equipment.
- Develop new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures or systems.
- Day to day production of new and established PET radiopharmaceuticals involving the operation of automated radiochemistry equipment and the completion of batch documentation.
- Writing and managing GMP documentation including, SOPS, deviations, change controls and investigation reports.
- Leading the development, implementation and validation of syntheses of PET radiopharmaceuticals for clinical use.
- Identify problems, troubleshoot and create and implement workable solutions.
- Managing the introduction and validation of laboratory equipment.
Specific Experience Required:
- BSc/MSc in Chemistry or related subject.
- Demonstrable experience in 18F and 11C radiochemistry development. Experience with other PET isotopes would be advantageous.
- Experience of operating and programming automated radiochemistry equipment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of GMP including validation, relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Experience in quality systems including change control, deviations and SOPs.
- Knowledge and experience in HPLC purification, preferably including method development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and a logical approach to problem solving
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and give training and advice in their area of expertise.
- Excellent attention to detail.Good organisational skills and ability to work well under pressure.
Key Words "Radiotracer, Radiopharmaceutical, Radiochemistry, 11C, 18F, Production, Process Development, Method Development, Synthesis, GMP, Chemist, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, PET, Pharmacology, Drug Development, Drug Discovery, CRO"
Please apply online, email or call Neil Walton on 02030964706.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.