Technical Support Manager (Water Chemistry) ManchesterOur client is a small but well established specialist in water treatment technologies, well-known, widely respected and used in more...
Technical Market Development Manager required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring experience in formulating adhesive products or similar, as well as strong market knowledge.
Title: Technical Market Development Manager - Adhesives
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals for a huge range of industries, including adhesives, coatings, plastics, food, feed and lubricants. As a result of their continued growth and success, they are now looking for a Technical Market Development Manager to build, lead and enhance their offering in the adhesives market. The role will involve establishing a strategy for product development, identifying opportunities in the adhesives market and managing projects to realise these. This position would be well suited to a product manager in the adhesives industry, with a strong understanding of the market and technical acumen.
Benefits: Newly created role in a forward-thinking, innovative company. Offering 35 days holiday (inc. bank holidays), pension scheme and private medical insurance. Flexible working hours of 37.5 hours, worked between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Establishing a strategic plan for adhesive product focus and development
- Building a network of contacts and resources to underpin product development
- Identifying customer needs and development opportunities
- Following technical trends for the adhesives and polymer additive markets
- Managing projects to realise these opportunities through product development
- Providing technical support and expertise directly to customers for specific projects or products
- Generating technical content and making technical qualifications for products
- Presenting ideas, reports and market data to key stakeholders
- Minimum degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or relevant discipline
- Demonstrable commercial knowledge of the adhesives/sealants/binders market and an ability to identify and exploit market trends
- Technical understanding around adhesive products and polymer additives
- Strong project management skills, with a hands-on attitude
- Good communication skills and commercial acumen
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with a strong background in adhesive, sealants or binder, who understand the market from both a commercial and a technical perspective.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: product manager, market development, adhesive, adhesives, polymer additives, pre-polymers, binder, binders, sealant, sealants, product development, chemistry, polymer science, polymers, hot melt
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.