Job Title: Biomaterials Production TechnicianLocation: BracknellSalary: £11.17/hourContract: 6 monthsDo you have a passion for horticulture or agriculture, do you wish to expand your biological skill...
Title: NMR Spectroscopist
Location: Bracknell / Berkshire
Salary: £37'000 pro rata
Contract Length: 12 Months
SRG is currently looking for an NMR Spectroscopist to join a global agrochemical company based in the Berkshire area. This organisation wishes to help people across the world to grow more food using fewer resources in a more sustainable way.
They aim to find new solutions, products and services that meet their customers' most pressing needs, therefore look for innovative, ambitious and courageous individuals. In return you'll have the opportunity to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
As an NMR Spectroscopist you will be working within a business critical part of the company, supporting internal customers by providing analytical solutions for Technology & Engineering and Research and Development. You will perform advanced NMR experiments to determine/confirm the chemical structures of synthesised organic chemicals, polymers and natural products.
- Work proactively across the business, liaising with the mass spectrometry and X-ray crystallography teams to solve structural problems.
- Provide support and advice to other departments, informing them when NMR is likely to solve a problem and when other techniques should be applied.
- Propose, develop and document methods using NMR and/or allied computer systems in support of the business.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn the hands-on practical NMR skills required for structural elucidation.
- Be educated to PhD level within a Chemistry or NMR related subject/specialism.
- Experience of the advanced NMR methods used for the elucidation of chemical structures.
- A desire to pro-actively build a career using advanced analytical methods to support the Active Ingredient discovery process.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken along with a high level of numeracy.
If you are interested in this role please apply now or contact Daniel Nightingale on 0161 868 2205 for further details
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.