Technical Support Manager (Water Chemistry) ManchesterOur client is a small but well established specialist in water treatment technologies, well-known, widely respected and used in more...
Technical Business Development Executive required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring experience in technical sales of chemical products, account management and fluency in German
Title: Technical Business Development Executive
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a global company who develop and manufacture speciality chemicals for a broad range of applications from FMCG to polymer to electronic industries. As a result of their continued growth and success, they are now looking for a Technical Business Development Executive to manage and strengthen business relationships with both new and existing European customers. This position would be well suited to a German-speaking individual with a background in technical sales, account management or business development in the chemical industry.
Benefits: Self-managed role with no direct reports and opportunities to travel to Europe. Offering 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays), a company pension scheme, car allowance and discretionary bonus. Working hours 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Managing and growing a portfolio of existing European accounts
- Identifying, targeting and developing new business opportunities within allocated regions (Poland, Germany and Nordic countries)
- Using experience and knowledge from a technical environment and providing technical support to the sales and purchasing team
- Liaising with the technical team to support and progress existing and prospect customers in their new product developments
- Raising and following up sales quotations in a bid to maximise sales
- Responding to customer enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Arranging and following up samples and product approvals
- Taking a pro-active approach via both e-mails and telephone conversations (e.g. chasing orders, forecasting updates, discussing upcoming requirements, quotations outcomes, discussing pricing, new product opportunities)
- Providing information for personal and market performance through monthly reports, forecasts and annual budgets
- Traveling to Europe, as required, on customer visits to maintain and develop customer relations
- Attending exhibitions and trade shows in representation of the company
- Proven experience in technical sales or business development for chemical products or raw materials
- Specific experience in selling UV curing or UV-cured products would be beneficial
- Fluent in German language
- Good technical knowledge, preferably gained from previous technical experience or scientific degree
- Strong, adaptable communications skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with a strong background in technical sales or business development to grow and manage their own accounts in an international company.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: technical sales, business development, chemicals, speciality chemicals, UV curing, UV cure, UV cured, coatings, adhesives, inks, printing, polymer systems, account management, sales, polymers
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.