An exciting opportunity for a scientific professional to build relationships and network with many customers working at the forefront of science Job Title: Scientific...
An exciting opportunity for a Lead Scientist within Enzymology and Target Engagement to join an innovative and expanding drug discovery company. Job Title: Lead Scientist - Target Engagement & Enzymology
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £65 - 80K depending on experience
Location: CheshireSRG are working with a highly innovative drug discovery company looking to drive the UK to the forefront of commercial success for drug discovery, committing to place the patient at the beginning of discovery and helping the sector move faster to the patient. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and expert lead scientist to take forward establishment of quantitation of compound-target interactions, in biochemical and cellular contexts. The site is experiencing significant growth and new developments are leading to a huge investment to extend the facility. Benefits:Company pension, life insurance etc. Role:
- Establish enzyme kinetic and target engagement capabilities as a core competent of company strategy.
- Establish and perform innovative in vitro assays for target engagement, and enzyme kinetics, to support collaborative research programmes.
- Establish assays demonstrating binding compound to target and off-target proteins in vitro, and in a relevant cell context, and target-ligand mechanism of action studies.
- Innovate to advance new detection technologies and assays.
- Lead collaborative projects to completion and deliver high quality data in a complex and time pressured research team environment.
- Supervise scientists and students in developing enzyme kinetics and target engagement skills.
- Strong track record of publication and expertise in enzymology
- Strong background and knowledge of enzyme kinetics applied to mechanism-of-action studies.
- Prior experience of working in a drug-discovery related/technology development environment
- Experience of supervising scientists and leading complex projects
- Experience of measuring enzyme activity and target engagement cells using techniques such as mass spectrometry, CETSA and other relevant approaches
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Reporting directly to the Chief Scientific Officer, the ideal Lead Scientist will be responsible for the development of kinetic measurement of enzyme activity, biochemical efficacy assays, assays demonstrating binding of compounds to target and off-target proteins, translation of these studies into a cellular contact and target ligand mechanism of action and kinetics studies. An ability to bring extensive scientific leadership in small molecule-protein binding interactions, through to in vitro biophysical and enzymology approaches including SPR. SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz on 0161 868 2202. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies. Keywords: CETSA, Mass spectrometry, in vitro enzyme assays, target-ligand mechanism, enzymology, enzyme kinetics, SPR, in vitro biophysical approach, in vitro enzymology, kinetic measurement, biochemical efficacy assay,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.