Quality Control Manager
Based in New Zealand
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Do you have experience of leading a team within Pharmaceutical QC?
Would you like to work in stunning part of the world for a growing and innovative pharmaceutical manufacturer?
Working for a leading Pharmaceutical API and Intermediates Manufacturer with an international presence, you will take a lead role by managing the company's QC laboratories and ensuring batches are tested and released against the schedule, You'll be responsible for resolving any laboratory investigations and identifying and implementing improvement activities in the laboratory. This role will involve the management for all Quality Control staff (Analysts and Technicians), likely delegating some direct management to Senior Analysts or Team Leaders. Specific Responsibilities will include;
- Manage the work flow within the laboratory, ensure laboratory equipment and resources are being used efficiently, perform performance appraisals as required
- Ensure staff training and training records are up to date
- Ensure all documentation is completed on time and to a high standard
- Provide technical leadership and advice in analytical techniques, maintain an up to date knowledge of new advances
- Lead investigations in the laboratory including OOS Phase II
- Lead laboratory Qualification and Validation programs
- Responsible for overall laboratory performance and systems including biosecurity and HSNO requirements
- Ensure all SOPs, methods and documents are reviewed and revised as required
- Prepare QC documentation including validation protocols and reports, methods and stability documentation
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the company medicines code and ICH guidelines
- Work with Sales and Marketing and QA to investigate customer complaints and handle product returns.
- Manage product stability program
- Work with the compliance manager on site wide continual improvement activities
- Support QA as required particularly the product release associate in the release of products.
To be considered for this position you must have a strong background within Quality Control Testing of Pharmaceuticals, including substantial time spent in a managerial or supervisory post.
Experience of API, Raw Materials or Bulk Intermediate testing would be preferential to finished product testing however you must have a thorough understanding of GMP manufacturing and testing and be able to manage a team to a strict Quality Management System within this kind of environment.
It is expected the right candidate will be an excellent communicator, being able to engage effectively with their team ensuring they are performing to their full potential. Key Works "QC, Quality Control, Lab Manager, Quality Control Manager, Pharmaceutical, GMP, QA Manager, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance, API, HPLC, GC, Chromatography, Raw Materials, Intermediates"
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.