A well established manufacturing facility based in Nottinghamshire has an immediate opportunity for a Formulation Laboratory Technician to join their growing Technical team. The role...
£22,000 per year My client are an established, privately owned company moving from R&D to full scale production. They have a proprietary technology and have spent the last six years researching, developing and patenting their scientific processes. They are transitioning from an R&D organisation to commercial production and have commenced the construction of a new production facility in Nottingham. The Plant Technicians will work in a multi-disciplinary team, which include plant and production personnel, lab personnel and other technical and commercial professionals, to ensure uninterrupted, efficient and quality-driven production and laboratory operations.
Reporting to: Plant Technicians (Shift Leader)
- Nights; 4 on 4 off shift pattern
- Flexibility to shift changes and ability to respond to business priorities as required
- Occasional availability to emergency call outs
- Manual process plant operation leading on to operation via control system panels
- Record operating data
- Transporting samples between QC laboratory and plant facility
- Operation of a fork lift truck
- Continuous process plant and building inspection
- Maintenance (building, pumps, valves, tanks, lines etc.)
- Calibration of equipment
- Repair and replace damaged equipment sampling and control testing (pH, conductivity, refractometry)
- Report and resolve conditions affecting safety, quality, and efficiency
- Adhere to company cleaning procedures
- Follow process procedures
- Follow quality procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Any others duties that are reasonable and within the skills and ability of the job holder.
- Perform routine QC procedures of incoming raw materials, intermediate samples and end
- products (within the QC lab; cross-trained, if required)
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material supplies and equipment for performance of duties.
- Adhere to health and safety procedures.
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business
- Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
- Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
- Undertake manual handling tasks safely. Ensuring safe working conditions and compliance with health and safety legislation. Qualifications and experience requirements:
- The position is suitable for candidates with either background:
- Previous experience as a process operator within a smaller scale and delicate liquid hygienic production facility. Minimum of City & Guilds in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Laboratory technician, ideally with pilot plant experience (advantageous, but not essential as full training will be provided)
- Minimum of HND in chemistry or other related subject.
- Able to work 12h shifts and flexible work pattern
- Full UK driving licence (desirable)
- Previous fork lift truck experience and current licence an advantage, though training will be provided
- Can-do attitude
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with other personnel, clients, visitors and suppliers
- Relevant practical and technical knowledge
- Demonstrates attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Good problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a proactive, solution focussed approach and contributes positively to the team.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.