Leading Scientist in Lung Disease & Damage Repair CambridgeshireTitle Scientific Leader Lung Repair & RegenerationLocation CambridgeSalary Dependent on experienceSRG are currently recruiting on behalf of...
Protein Purification Scientist - Cambridge
Employment Type: Temporary
Contract Length : 6 months
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
SRG are currently working with a global leader in innovative Biotechnology. As a result of their continued success and expansion, they are looking to hire a Protein Purification Scientist to undertake a 6 month contract in their R&D division.
Reporting to the R&D Manager, the chosen individual will be responsible for the purification of both antibodies and recombinant proteins to high specifications at both small and large scale (15 mL to 500L fermentations).
We are keen to speak to individuals who have a proven protein purification experience and the accompanying analytical skills. This is a fantastic opportunity to play an influential part in the development of state-of-the-art oncology drug therapies, providing supporting services to projects throughout the organisation.
* Medium to large scale clarification, protein purification and formulation (centrifugation, affinity, ion exchange and ultrafiltration).
* Protein purification process development and optimization.
* Protein analysis - using standard methods including HPLC, SDS PAGE, Spectrophotometer.
* Cross functional working to ensure timely delivery of materials.
* Report writing/presentations to team, department, company and externally.
* Minimum BSc in relevant subject e.g. Biology/Biochemistry based.
* Proven experience in protein purification, either at university or in an industrial environment (use of preparative and automated platforms desirable).
* Adaptable, a team player with a conscientious attitude and enthusiasm.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Rachel on 0161 8682235.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: protein purification, antibody purification, protein analysis.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.