Are you an accomplished commercially aware people manager, with a desire to make a real impact within a highly regarded organisation bridging the gap between...
Commercial Officer - Analytical Chemistry
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Based in London
Are you an Analytical Chemist or QC Analyst looking to work in a more commercial, customer facing role?
Would you like to work for a leading Pharmaceutical company in London?
My client are a well established and successful business providing GMP/GLP analytical services and consultancy to a range of clients from Big Pharma to small research groups, due to expansion they are looking to hire a commercially minded Analytical Chemist to work within their customer facing team.
The role is based within the Quotations team of the wider Business Operations department and serves to support the fielding and processing of customer enquiries and the generation of quotations for routine analysis.
The role involves close collaboration with Analytical Operations including the sample processing team and technical experts as well as communication with existing and prospective customers.
Specific Responsibilities will include;
- Logging and progressing enquiries within a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Producing and sending quotations.
- Completion of COSHH assessments for sample control.
- Assisting with quotation follow-up activities.
- Maintaining key customer information on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Highlighting enquiry trends and business opportunities based on customer contact.
- Identifying quotation process improvements and assisting with the implementation of improvements.
- Providing general support to Business Development where appropriate.
To be considered you will need;
- Experience and/or understanding of analytical chemistry techniques, such as HPLC, GC, ICP or FTIR, particularly as they relate to the pharmaceutical industry.
- BSc in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Biochemistry or equivalent scientific experience
- Laboratory experience from within a commercial laboratory
- An understanding of GMP and the associated requirements of such a quality standard
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, able to adapt communication to different audiences with different needs
- Ability to work autonomously under pressure, prioritise, organise and complete multiple tasks, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement within working remit and participate in solution implementation.
Please apply online, call Neil Walton on 02030964706 or email your CV
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.