Technical Support Manager (Water Chemistry) ManchesterOur client is a small but well established specialist in water treatment technologies, well-known, widely respected and used in more...
Technical Business Development Manager required, based in Merseyside but with flexibility on location. Requiring experience in account management and warm business development in a scientific sector - ideally cosmetics or coatings (inks, paints)
Title: Technical Business Development Manager
Salary: up to £50,000 (negotiable dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with a global business with manufacturing units in the Far East, UK and Canada. The company is part of a larger plc and is a world leader in the manufacture of specialist products for the coatings and cosmetics industries. As a result of their continued success and a pending retirement, they are looking to hire an experienced Technical Business Development Manager to join their senior management team. Reporting directly to the MD, this is a business critical role, involved in the account management and development of mostly existing customers but will also include some new business. The role would be suited to someone who has a previous scientific technical background but who has more recently had a background in Account Management and/or Business Development.
Benefits: Self-managed role with no direct reports and opportunities to travel. Offering 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays), a company pension scheme, discretionary bonus, pension scheme and private medical insurance. Working hours 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday but with flexibility required.
Role / Description
- Managing and growing a portfolio of existing accounts - long standing customers with regular orders, defending the business and presenting new products
- Visiting existing customers on site to upkeep relationship, troubleshoot etc.
- Liaising with the technical team to support and progress existing and prospect customers in their new product developments - technical teams are all based in Japan alongside manufacturing units
- Following up sales quotations in a bid to maximise sales
- Responding to customer enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Arranging and following up samples and product approvals
- Taking a pro-active approach via both e-mails and telephone conversations (e.g. chasing orders, forecasting updates, discussing upcoming requirements, quotations outcomes, discussing pricing, new product opportunities)
- Traveling in UK and Europe, as required, on customer visits to maintain and develop customer relations
- Attending trade shows
- Proven experience in technical business development or account management in any of these industries - cosmetics, coatings, pigments, colour etc.
- Good technical knowledge, preferably gained from previous technical experience or
- scientific degree
- Strong, adaptable communications skills
- Able to self-manage
- Excellent relationship building skills
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with a strong background in account management or business development to grow and manage their own accounts in an international company. This is a role that offers genuine autonomy and reports directly to the MD.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: account management, business development, coating, coatings, cosmetics, inks, paints, inks, technical sales, commercial,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.