Shift Manager Shift Manager Required in Staffordshire Title Shift Manager Location Staffordshire Salary £45,000 £50,000 Company Statement Established UK Food Manufacturer.Benefits Progression, Training,...
Job Description & Person Specification
Job Title Warehouse & Transport Manager
Reporting to Supply Chain and Logistics Manager
Function Warehouse & Logistics
Hours 8:30am - 5pm / Mon-Thur
8:30am - 4pm / Friday
The Warehouse & Transport Manager will cover all aspects of people management including managing, motivating, training, coaching and disciplining staff to deliver maximum productivity. Operationally the role will also control and organise all transport in and out of site as well as having responsibility for the maintenance of warehouse and equipment.
As an efficient and excellent communicator the role will involve liaising with a number of internal departments within the business i.e. Production, Planning, Customer Service, Technical and Engineering, as well as liaising with external providers. The role will be expected to achieve a number of KPI business targets with a clear focus on quality, efficiency and profitability. Weekly and monthly reports of the activity will be reported to the Supply Chain & Logistics Manager.
Job Function / Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities :
- To maintain continued daily stock accuracy.
- Team management over 4 shifts (covering 24h, 7d) as well as Front of House / Logistics Support Function.
- Ensure all production needs are fulfil in a timely manner.
- Warehouse storage space optimisation.
- Manage all transport on site to ensure a smooth activity.
- Cycle count and ensuring stock are right.
- Manage all FLT and maintenance onsite.
- Understand and ensure implementation and compliance with the Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Understand and ensure implementation and compliance with the allergen control, HACCP and Quality Manual, also meeting all requirements.
- Monitor, plan and organise resources within the warehouse team to ensure daily targets are met ensuring the timely delivery of inbound / outbound schedules.
- Ensuring adequate maintenance of FLT trucks and all warehouse equipment in accordance with Health & Safety policies on site.
- Management of the Front of House / Logistics Administrative Support function ensuring all policies and procedures are being followed.
- Ensure stock availability for the factory.
- Liaise with main haulage companies and planning to get a smooth activities on site.
- Be responsible for all loading and unloading vehicles and trailers on site.
- Ensure that all collections/deliveries are managed and carried out within the planned booking window.
- Regular liaison with various function within the business to ensure customer requirements are met i.e. Production, Planning, Engineering and Customer Service.
- Management and leadership of the Warehouse team in terms of setting objectives, monitoring performance, conducting regular performance reviews and implementing plans.
- Production and implementation of a strategy for the Warehouse function to make improvements in time efficiencies i.e. Improvements in Layout / racking systems / job functions of team
- Conducting regular racking inspections in line with company standards
- Ensuring an adequate cleaning schedule for the warehouse function
- Liaising with QA regarding pest control and ensuring adequate preventative action regarding such matters
- Liaise with QA regarding all quality off-loads and also regarding customer standard requirements and audit information.
- Conduct Monthly team briefs to discuss project information and performance of the team.
- Lead and manage all team members within the Warehouse Team including probationary reviews, recruitment and annual appraisal to develop high performing teams
- Exercise and implement best standard practice especially in stock management processes
- Effectiveness of product recording, material entries and controlling stock movement.
- Permits to work and contractor control
- Coordinator of inbound / outbound logistics
- Liaise with 3rd party haulage companies
Education / Training
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent in a related subject Degree or equivalent in a related subject i.e. Business Management, Manufacturing, Engineering
- Formal Management Training
- FLT Counterbalance and NAV desirable
- IOSHH Health & Safety
Experience / Skills
- Minimum of 3 year previous experience working within a Warehouse / Transport function at management / Supervisory level
- Proven track record in delivering efficiencies and improvements in a warehouse function
- Strong background in setting and delivering objectives within a warehouse function.
- Ability to engage, motivate and influence to deliver results through the team.
- Previous experience managing departmental budget and spend.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.