Job Title: Lab TechnicianLocation: North WestJob Type: Permanent, Full timeSalary: circa £18000 £22000 per annumAre you a process driven lab technician looking for a role...
Laboratory Technician required to run innovative waste management lab with excellent green credentials, focusing on the conversion of household waste to green energy and recyclables.
Title: Plant Chemist
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (dependant on experience)
SRG is working with a well- established global company which has over 800 employees worldwide. You will be working as part of a team focusing on the development of the efficient use of biomass and reduction of environmental impact through innovative bio-refining technologies. Working in a brand new laboratory as the first team member of this kind, you will have the opportunity to really make this job your own. The role will be focused on proving analytical services to optimise process control and to provide customers with detailed analysis of outgoing waste streams. Although working as part of a bigger team you will spend a lot of time working independently in the lab. The role would be suited to a chemist with good analytical skills and experience of a variety of wet chemistry techniques. We welcome applications from recent graduates.
Benefits: This is an exciting workplace where biological processes are developed for converting household waste and residues from municipal solid waste to green energy and recycling. The role will give you the opportunity to influence on continuous improvements and well as the opportunity to contribute to the implementation of new analysis methods. Additional benefits include 30 days + public holidays, gym membership and contributory pension.
- To help set up the lab to provide support for the waste processing facility
- Collecting samples and carrying out testing on the waste streams, digestate and biogas
- Using a gas chromatography (GC) - to analyse and characterise gas composition
- Conducting other tests including: COD, VFA, pH, Ammonium, Total Solids
- Analysis of fat and protein
- Recording analytical results
- Attending production and scheduling meetings
- Working to SOPs and health and safety processes
- Degree educated in Chemistry or other relevant science subject
- Laboratory experience preferred but not essential - applications from recent graduates are welcome
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Job holder must be happy to work in and outdoors in a role that will require you to be physically active
- Able to spot abnormalities in test results
- Able to adhere to good laboratory practice
- Knowledge of anaerobic digestion advantageous
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV for more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, wet chemistry, waste, analytical
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.