Leading Scientist in Lung Disease & Damage Repair CambridgeshireTitle Scientific Leader Lung Repair & RegenerationLocation CambridgeSalary Dependent on experienceSRG are currently recruiting on behalf of...
Technical Expert in Respiratory Disease - Cambridgeshire
Title Senior Scientist - Translational Respiratory Science
Salary Dependent on experience
SRG are currently recruiting on behalf of a global Biotechnology organisation in Cambridgeshire who are seeking a Subject Matter Expert in Respiratory Science to join their expanding R&D team on a full-time permanent basis.
As a Senior Scientist within the research group, you will be responsible for the discovery and development of novel therapeutic treatments for inflammatory diseases with a focus on respiratory diseases. You will therefore require a broad understanding of the pathophysiological mechanisms underlying diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma.
The company are offering a permanent role with a 37.5 hour working week (Mon - Fri), 25 days holiday + Public holidays, Life Assurance, Pension scheme and an opportunity to work in a global organisation that fosters collaboration and innovation to deliver life-changing products to a worldwide market.
Role / Description
- Work as part of a team discovering and developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of inflammatory diseases.
- Use knowledge of pathophysiological mechanisms to support the design and execution of successful studies from lead identification into early clinical development.
- Use technical expertise to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in Clinical Development.
- To motivate, inspire and mentor junior scientists within the team.
- Minimum PhD in Immunology, Biochemistry or relevant field.
- Experience in the discovery and development of therapeutic antibodies/biologics.
- Extensive research experience in respiratory disease and/or epithelial biology with an understanding of basic biological mechanisms.
- Innovative and scientifically creative with an ability to drive own research ideas to a successful conclusion (demonstrated by a strong publication record).
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Rachel on 0161 8682235.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Respiratory science, respiratory disease, lung disease, inflammatory disease, pathophysiological mechanisms, epithelial biology.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.