Technical Expert in Respiratory Disease CambridgeshireTitle Senior Scientist Translational Respiratory ScienceLocation CambridgeSalary Dependent on experienceSRG are currently recruiting on behalf of a global Biotechnology organisation...
Leading Scientist in Lung Disease & Damage Repair - Cambridgeshire
Title Scientific Leader - Lung Repair & Regeneration
Salary Dependent on experience
SRG are currently recruiting on behalf of a globally renowned Biotechnology company who are seeking a Scientific Leader in Respiratory Science, specialised in Lung Repair & Regeneration, to join their market-leading R&D group in Cambridgeshire.
As a Senior Scientist within the research group, you will work as part of a preclinical team focused on expanding the portfolio of biological drugs for the treatment of respiratory, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. You will use your expertise in tissue regeneration and repair, epithelial cell biology and complex co-culture systems to develop novel therapeutic treatments.
The company are offering a permanent role with a 37.5 hour working week (Mon - Fri), 25 days holiday + Public holidays, Life Assurance, Pension scheme and an opportunity to work within a truly global organisation that encourages collaboration and creativity.
- Responsible for driving target validation through novel biological discovery in the area of Lung Repair & Regeneration.
- To apply your understanding of the basic mechanisms of human lung disease to support the development of novel therapeutic treatments.
- Develop and lead novel technological advances within human tissue such as complex 3D co-culture systems, imaging or similar (relevant to lung repair and regeneration).
- Supervising and developing 1-2 junior team members with the research group.
- PhD with relevant post-doctoral experience in academia or industry.
- Experience developing in-vitro and ex-vivo models to understand mechanisms important in establishing epithelial repair/regeneration and/or stromal and immune cell interactions with epithelium in lung.
- Strong understanding of lung biology which can be applied to novel target discovery in disease.
- Strong publication record or evidence of project progression.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Rachel on 0161 8682235.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Respiratory science, respiratory disease, lung disease, inflammatory disease, epithelial repair, epithelial biology, pathophysiological mechanisms.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.