JOB TITLE: Engineering ManagerREPORTS TO: Site ManagerHOURS: Mon-Fri / 8am-5pmSALARY: £60,000BENEFITS: Company Vehicle, Bonus Scheme, 8% Pension Contribution and 25 Days Holiday JOB PURPOSE:The Engineering...
Job Title - Shift Manager
Salary - £40,000 - £45,000
Hours - Continental Shift Pattern
Location - Devon
Team Size - 15 Operatives, 1 Supervisor and 2 Engineers
Benefits - Bonus Scheme, 12% Pension (4% Contributed by you - 8% Contributed by the organisation), 25 Days Holiday, Training
To manage the shift to achieve efficient, targeted production within budget, in compliance with quality constraints and Health & Safety guidelines
The Shift Manager is responsible for a team of production/process Operatives working a rotating day and night Monday to Friday shift pattern together with supporting engineers.
This managerial role carries responsibility for the manufacturing performance and out of hours supervision of the Crediton site. The span of communication for this role covers the Production Manager, the Site Manager, other members of the SMT and Operatives. The role requires liaison with internal and external functions to enable the smooth operational supply of raw milk, finished bulk cream and packed products.
- Ensuring cost effective and efficient production is maintained, to specified performance levels and meeting production deadlines and customer requirements. * Achievement of production KPIs (OEE, wastage, mass balance etc)
- Continuously improve machine line efficiencies and drive continuous improvement in production * Downtime minimised to meet production KPIs and CI targets met
- Ensure correct manning levels and skills mix in production areas whilst controlling labour costs * Achievement of labour targets
- Training and management of production operatives * Training matrix maintained with optimum skills levels on shift
- Review, improve and maintain training, quality, cleaning and safe systems records and procedures * Achievement of relevant KPIs. All records and procedures up to date
- Complete production records * All records up to date
- Line management for production shift personnel * Absence KPI levels achieved
FURTHER AREAS OF ACHIEVEMENT
- Attendance at meetings as may be appropriate for the role
- Participation in delivering continuous improvement for the Department and, thereby, the site
- Additional duties as may be required as part of the Production team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Processing/production management experience gained in milk processing
- Recognised dairy qualification
- Team management experience
- High degree of computer literacy
- Ability to deliver proactive management, demonstrating a sound knowledge of machinery, people and quality issues
- Ability to propose, implement and deliver solutions.
- Ability to use significant judgement to make informed decisions to solve production issues
- Ability to work within time constraints
- Ability to prioritise, manage own workload and ensure targets achieved
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage proactively a team
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Ability to work individually as well as within a Team, demonstrating a can do attitude
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.