Principle Scientist AssaysBased in Cambridge, our global biotechnology client is hiring for a Principle Scientist to work within their Custom Service Team leading the development...
SHEQ Manager (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality)
£70 - £75,000 per annum
Excellent opportunity for a skilled and highly-experienced SHEQ Manager to impact the business quality management system and influence the H&S policies of a global specialist manufacturer of safety and environmental devices and gases.
Key role requirements:
- Development and implementation of SHEQ strategy for the organisation
- Driving the continuous improvement through regular assessment and feedback, of the SHEQ strategy and pushing a strong culture of compliance throughout the business
- Leading the EHS and Quality teams - acting as mentor and providing advice and guidance and identifying development needs
- First point of contact for matters relating to EHS and Quality
- Lead investigations into potential hazards and investigate causes of accidents, as well as any issues arising from notifications that an employee's health, safety or welfare are at any risk in the workplace
- To attend regular SHEQ meetings to discuss improvements and contribute to suggestions to improve overall site efficiency and safety
- Support maintenance and compliance with the medical device regulations this role applies to, namely: MDD 93/42/EEC, Canada SOR/98-282, US FDA 21 820 QSR, CFDA No. 650.
- Conform with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 (and OHSAS 18001) standards
- You will the main point of contact for liaison with the relevant regulatory bodies above
- Host and plan both internal SHEQ audits and 3rd party audits - managing through the process following any non-satisfactory results
- Document management, submission of reports for manufactured medical devices, and supply the quality and regulatory input for the NPD process
- Periodic review of procedures including product labelling, marketing materials and regulatory support to the export team
- A minimum of 3 years experience in both a QA management role and EHS Management position, dealing with a manufacturing based SME environment, from a highly regulated industry
- Medical Devices regulations knowledge (EA and Global)
- Good working knowledge of international standards such as OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO14001, ISO 14971, EN62366
- Degree in a relevant Quality or Manufacturing management subject
- NEBOSH National Diploma (ideal) or National Certificate with experience
- Experienced in running QMS or supplier audits
- Analytical, collaborative and meticulous with well-developed communication skills and the ability to lead a team by sharing ideas, influencing and tight control of a process The working hours are Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm.
- This role is based in North Essex, with free on-site parking.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.