Project Manager Life Science/Pharma/Medical device £35-£45k Manchester / CheshireMy client is an exciting new organisation based within commutable distance from Manchester or Cheshire and they...
Product Manager - Seafood and Aquaculture required for exciting new opportunity with expanding Diagnostic company in ScotlandTitle Product Manager - Seafood and Aquaculture Location ScotlandSalary Competitive
SRG is working with a leader in diagnostics - as a result of their continued success they are looking to hire an experienced Product Manager to undertake a varied and challenging role in their Product Management function. Reporting to the Manager of Product Management and working as part of a small team the role would be suited to someone with a good network in the seafood or aquaculture industry with knowledge of quality and safety testing requirements and the ability to communicate with industry professionals.
We are keen to speak to experienced professionals with experience in Quality or Technical roles within the seafood or aquaculture industries. Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are one of many professionals looking for a more varied role, either way we would like to hear from you. My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.Role / Description
- Seek out and create demand in the market for products and provide detailed direction to sales organisation for achievement of objectives.
- Identifying current and future market opportunities.
- Provide understanding of industry segments, market direction and appreciate global differences.
- Be actively involved with key influencers and organisations to help optimise the shape of product offering and to promote the strengths and capabilities of the company within this field. This would involve international travel to see key contacts, meetings, symposia.
- Ensure the International requirements are met for all assigned product lines.
- Support Marketing department to provide, validate or proof technical content for marketing literature.
- Develop focus documents for products in marketing campaigns.
- Carry out new product training to sales and marketing staff as well as training for new starts.
- Scientific or Aquaculture related degree essential
- Previous experience in the seafood industry or aquaculture market is essential.
- Familiarity with at least one main aquaculture market and an understanding of others.
- Ability to present and demonstrate technical knowledge essential as is strong communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management, organisational and planning skills
- Able to travel as required
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies. Keywords: seafood, aquaculture, fish, quality, technical, testing, food safety
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.