SRG is working with an innovative and growing pharmaceutical company - as a result of their continued success they are looking to hire an experienced VP Product Development to undertake a challenging and diverse role...
Senior Scientist/Manager required for innovative pharmaceutical company in Glasgow.
SRG is working with an innovative and growing pharmaceutical company - as a result of their continued success they are looking to hire an experienced Senior Scientist or Manager to undertake a challenging and diverse role within the Product Development team. Reporting to the COO, the main function of the role will be to drive and implement new cell therapies and cell culture processes. The role would be suited to someone with a strong background in cell culture and cell based assays. My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to be involved in this exciting area of therapeutics.Role / Description
- Performing cell isolation and optimising methods for cell purifications.
- Performing cell culture of primary and immortalised cell lines and cell based assays.
- Designing and performing multiparameter flow cytometry experiments.
- Developing SOPs and devising assays for QC of the final product and liaising to transfer release assays to other departments.
- Working independently and with the team to analyse data, draw appropriate conclusions and decide upon next steps.
- Maintaining documentation to appropriate quality standards.
- Carrying out literature reviews/collating information for the development of novel assays or the improvement of current processes.
- The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. level qualification in a life science related discipline with extensive industry experience in cell therapy, cell based assays and flow cytometry.
- You will be familiar with working in a GxP environment and experience in writing SOPs, papers and patent applications with a strong commercial mindset.
- You must have excellent attention to detail, communication skills and organisational skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies. Keywords: cell culture, cell based assays, flow cytometry, immunotherapies, gene therapies, manufacturing, GMP, pharmaceuticals
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.