Scientist- Cell Culture and VirologySRG are looking for an experienced Scientist with experience in cell culture, virology and chromatography to join a rapidly expanding company...
Virology Scientist (Biosafety Testing) - Glasgow - Permanent
Are you an experienced virologist with experience of working in the biosafety testing industry?
Can you perform well in a fast paced environment? Can you work well in a team and also independently on your own initiative?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well with our client - Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.
On behalf of our client SRG are seeking a dynamic, results-driven individual with extensive experience specialising in the area of virology. This role includes responsibility for the co-ordination of all activities relating to virology based projects within the Biosafety department.
The job also includes responsibility for operational supervision of other team members and providing technical/scientific expertise as required to ensure operational excellence and to ensure that industry expectations are met according to current regulatory guidelines.
In return they can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a successful CRO.
What you can look forward to achieving
- Assisting the leadership of all activities within the virology area of the business and ensuring that activities meet industry standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Successful co-ordination and completion of all assigned activities relating to virology/gene therapy based projects within the Biosafety department. Resolution of any technical problems affecting virology biosafety assays.
- Assisting the department head with the following activities: accurate and timely scheduling of all client and internal projects, training and development of junior staff.
- Identification of new opportunities with provision of technical expertise in the areas of virology for any client queries.
- Preparation and review of proposals, providing costing where required.
- Functionality as an effective Study Manager/Study Director demonstrating appropriate knowledge of regulatory and GxP requirements and ensuring service first and on-time delivery of all client and internal projects for which responsible.
- Development and progression of scientific and technical staff through effective training.
- Provision of operational supervision, technical support and scientific expertise as required for operational excellence and ensuring that industry expectations are met following current regulatory guidelines.
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the company
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Extensive experience within a virology setting.
- Previous experience within a GMP or GLP environment would be advantageous.
- Thorough understanding and experience of applicable EU and US GMP and GLP regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and have the confidence to challenge existing systems & processes.
- Competent in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.
Key words: virology, cell culture, plaque assays, cell based assays, in vitro assays
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.