Title: Formulation Scientist x 2Location: Ware HertfordshireSRG are currently looking for 2 Formation Scientists to join a global pharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area....
An opportunity for a Head of Product Development to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation.
Job Title: Head of NPD
Salary: £Competitive depending on experience
SRG are working with a leading pharmaceutical organisation who as a result of continued success, are now looking for a Head of NPD to lead produce development and packaging.
The Head of NPD will help with the strategic development of packaging solutions and innovations to support customers and achieve company targets whilst ensuring that the company is adhering to current relevant legislation. They will also help to ensure that the formulation and development of products meet the agreed criteria and requirements of the customer and are produced in an efficient and accurate manner.Benefits:
Company bonus paying up to 15%
Company car or £6k car allowance
Contributory pension scheme
Life assurance - 3x salary cover
25 days holiday plus statutory
Key Formulation responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring products meet current food legislation, along with reporting of results.
- Approving new raw materials, ensuring that they are suitable for use in production and meet current legislation.
- Approving documentation for customers; bulk and packing process sheets; and bills of materials as required.
Key Packaging responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- To manage the packaging development process through all NPD stages.
- Provide technical expertise in the design, artwork and print stages of graphic implementation.
- Approval of packaging proofs and production standards.
- Ensure that packaging components are fit for purpose and optimised for consumer appeal, line efficiency and cost/quality.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Packaging, Engineering, Design, or Science.
- Proven leader of a Technical function and experience of working in and leading a multi-function team
- Experience of working within a Packaging and/or Formulation environment.
The role will involve extensive interaction with external customers and suppliers as well as internal staff, so excellent communication and presentation skills with a positive attitude are a must.
The ideal Head of NPD will be degree qualified or equivalent in a scientific or engineering discipline and must have appropriate skills together with underpinning knowledge. Previous experience of working to GMP requirements would be highly advantageous.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz Sheikh at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jenni on 0161 868 2202.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies. Keywords: Formulation, solid dose, packaging, legislation, Process validation, product validation, Laboratory, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, deviations, ISO, CAPAs, SOPs, Lab, Documentation, ISO13485
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.