Analytical Chemist (Pharmaceuticals)Based in New ZealandCompetitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Do you have experience of QC, analytical development and method validation?Would you like to work...
SRG are working with an exciting client who are specialist in the field of speciality chemicals and materials.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chemist with strong leadership qualities to take on a key role within the business, with great scope for development and progression.
This role is an important role for the site and would involve co-ordinating the laboratory and other members of the team.You would be responsible for driving continuous improvement and helping maintain Quality standards.
- Takes responsibility for contributing both individually & to the team performance
- Provide effective leadership and management of the Quality Control function
- Improve capability of lab staff, instrumentation and test methods
- Manage and ensure integrity of the LIMs system
- Take ownership of lab COSHH, chemical register, equipment maintenance, spares, lab consumable and calibrations within the lab
- Ensure QC records and results are properly recorded, controlled and maintained
- Take ownership for developing the tracking and reporting of Quality Metrics
- Deliver reliable efficient analysis of products to enable control of product quality, timely dispatch of product to meet customers' expectations
- Take responsibility for delivering the analytical support primarily for SHE, Process Engineering and Operations teams
- Enable quality assurance to provide analytical testing and knowledge support to wider internal and external customers
- Maintain and improve HSE standards within areas of responsibility
- Degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent is essential
- An in-depth knowledge of statistical quality control, QA/QC techniques, continuous improvement processes, ISO theories and practices
- Good communicator, both verbal and written, at all levels;
- Demonstrates ability to lead, develop and coach laboratory personnel
- Manages equipment qualifications, calibrations and PM programs to ensure timely and reliable manufacturing support
- Applies knowledge of Internal, Supplier, Customer and
- Regulatory Authorities requirements assuring laboratory compliance and readiness.
- Demonstrates an innovative approach.
- Experience in applying quality and statistical tools to improve performance.
Key words: chemist, analytical chemistry, chemicals, quality control, QC, quality assurance, QA, COSHH, HSE
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.