Virology Scientist (Biosafety Testing) Glasgow PermanentAre you an experienced virologist with experience of working in the biosafety testing industry?Can you perform well in a fast...
Scientist - Biosafety - Molecular Biology - Glasgow (12 month contract)
Are you an experienced molecular biologist with experience within the biopharmaceutical industry?
Can you perform well in a fast paced environment? Can you work well in a team and also independently on your own initiative?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well with our client - Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.
On behalf of our client SRG are currently seeking an experienced Scientist to join a well established team which focuses on safety testing and characteristaion of cell banks and virus products. The position has been created to cover maternity leave for a period of 12 months. This is a varied role and requires a good knowledge of molecular biology techniques and the regulations surrounding safety testing according to the various European and FDA guidelines.
In return our client can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a rapidly expanding successful CRO.
What you can look forward to
- Contribute to the functions of the Biosafety operations team to ensure that the timelines are met, and the excellent service level to clients is maintained
- Develop and introduce systems and processes to increase efficiency of the team
- Function as a Study Manager/Study Director on occasion demonstrating appropriate knowledge of regulatory and GxP requirements as required
- Provide expert technical advice (problem solving and troubleshooting) both internally and to clients
- Review, interpretation and trend of data
- Participate in Sponsor meetings and conference calls with external clients.
- Form effective relationships with key internal clients (sales, client management, QA) to ensure the groups targets are met
- Delivery on time of project timelines
- Work as part of team to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Ensure GxP compliance when required and work with QA to address any potential issues
- Ensure all health & safety regulations are adhered to
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the Company
- A Degree/Masters/PhD in a relevant scientific discipline and/or comparable experience
- Experience in managing client studies is preferable
- Experience in performance, analysis and interpretation of molecular based assays including traditional PCR, real time PCR, southern blotting and nucleotide sequencing; knowledge of cell biology or virology is beneficial
- Experience in client communication is preferable
- Experience in the regulatory requirements (GxP) is desired
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.