Conjugates Manufacturing Supervisor Permanent RoleCompetitive Salary and bonus structureWest MidlandsAre you looking to develop your experience within a manufacturing environment? Do you have knowledge of...
Title: Conjugation Chemist - Antibody-Drug Conjugate Production & Purification
Salary: £32,000 - £38,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Type: 12 month contract
SRG are currently working with a global leader in Biotechnology who, as a result of their continued success, are looking to hire an experienced Biochemist to undertake a varied and challenging role in their R&D function.
Working as part of a small specialist team, the role will involve the production, purification and characterisation of novel protein conjugates including antibody-drug conjugates.
Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are seeking for a more varied role in an R&D environment - either way we would like to hear from you.
- Synthesis of a variety of protein conjugates, including antibody-drug conjugates.
- Purification of conjugates using technologies such as Tangential Flow Filtration, size-exclusion chromatography and affinity chromatography.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and optimise purification techniques.
- Characterisation of protein-conjugates using HPLC, UPLC and LC-MS instrumentation.
- MSc, PhD or relevant experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field.
- Proven experience in bioconjugation, protein purification and characterization, ideally using AKTA and/or Tangential Flow Filtration systems.
- Practical experience using associated analytical characterization techniques such as HPLC/UPLC.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, well suited to a project-orientated role.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position, please call Rachel on 0161 868 2235.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: bioconjugation, antibody-drug conjugate, protein-drug conjugate, protein purification, protein characterisation, antibody purification, AKTA systems, tangential flow filtration.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.