Health and Safety OfficerPermanent Up to £45k per annumBased EssexRole requirements will include but are not limited to:* To be responsible for the implementation, review,...
Health and Safety OfficerPermanent Up to £45k per annumBased Essex
Role requirements will include but are not limited to:
* To be responsible for the implementation, review, improvement and monitoring of all H&S matters on a busy specialist manufacturing site.
* Oversee and put in place remedial processes for site audits/inspections and provide all relevant training and advisory support to all departments to include: fire, first aid, risk assessments, hazards, COSHH and DSE.
* Completing a monthly H&S report to be presented to Management team updating on all H&S site matters.
* Carrying out risk assessments and putting in place follow-up actions.
* Putting in place a robust H&S management system and auctioning suitable KPI's.
* Regular communication with relevant enforcement bodies such as HSE, Fire Authority etc)
* Auditing each department rigorously and reporting findings to Management.
* Carrying out testing and sampling for occupational exposure to noise, dust, air quality and reporting findings.
* Accident investigations.
* Put together and roll-out of training programmes for all departments to ensure that best practice begins from induction.
* Management of H&S budget and maintaining a key interest in all NPD projects with a view to continuous improvement at every stage. Person Specification:* Strong, demonstrable background as H&S Manager within a specialist manufacturing environment such as medical devices.
* Some knowledge or experience of dealing with chemicals would be useful.
* NEBOSH qualified or equivalent coupled with the practical working knowledge of operating in H&S department.
* Up-to-date knowledge of H&S legislation.
* Strong organisation, communication and influencing skills. Analytical, flexible, accountable, able to embrace change and work in a fluid manner.
* Some project management skills would be helpful.If this sounds as if it could be the next step for you, then please apply now by attaching your CV in Word.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.