I'm currently recruiting for an experienced Polymer Technologist for a well-established manufacturing company based in the Midlands. Reporting into the site R&D Manager, this is...
Plant Chemist / Process Technologist based in Greater ManchesterTitle Plant Chemist / Process Technologist Location Greater Manchester Salary £18,000 - £20,000SRG are currently working with a well-established manufacturer of Polyurethane products. Due to continued expansion they are seeking a talented Plant chemist / Process Technologist to join their team based in Greater Manchester. Being responsible for all aspects of chemical manufacture on the plant this will be a varied role that can offer full training to the right individual. Benefits: This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with an interest in Polymer science to begin a career with a well-established leader in the industry. Full training will be available for the right individual and this position would suit a graduate chemist with either an industrial placement or previous working experience within the material sciences. Role / Description
- Managing production lines, checking for any deviations or anomalies and correcting where necessary.
- Blending production batches of raw materials.
- Re-formulating existing products to optimise yields & reduce waste.
- Analytical QC testing of materials and finished products.
- Providing technical support, working closely with the engineering & production teams. Requirements
- A degree in either Chemistry, Material / Polymer Chemistry or a related field.
- A good knowledge of polymer chemistry.
- Previous experience within a chemical manufacturing environment would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Willing to learn with a strong work ethic
- Right to work in the UK
Working 07:30 - 15:30 Monday to Friday, this will be a full time & permanent position for which full training can be given. SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies. Keywords: Plant chemist, Polymer, Polyurethane, Training, Graduate, Entry level, Chemistry
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.