Lab AssistantMaidenheadSRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for a Lab Assistant to join their team in Maidenhead....
An exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of a technical team, including organisation and scheduling of work and resources.
Job Title: Lab Manager
Vacancy type: Permanent
Salary: circa £35K per annum depending on experience + attractive package
Location: North West
SRG are working with a well-established, award-winning company delivering testing services to the legal community, members of the public and companies across the UK.
The Laboratory Manager will ensure the services required by our customers are delivered on time, to the high quality standards we expect, and within budget. They will work with the rest of the senior management team to ensure our customer requirements are met, customers are retained and new customers acquired, by bringing new products and services to market quickly in line with the company's strategy.
- Develop and enforce standard operating procedures on toxicology and DNA analysis
- Project Management
- Leading a range of projects, sometimes under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, particularly in the area of strategy development or process improvement
- Responsibility for financial performance of team(s), looking at financial reports, and managing cost control.
- People management, leadership and change management; leading and inspiring a team towards agreed goals
- Degree/PhD qualified in Chemistry, Biology or similar field
- Good understanding of toxicology and/ or DNA analysis
- Experience within a UKAS environment is preferable
- Lean / Six Sigma qualification and experience desirable
- Eligibility to work in the UK
The successful Lab Manager will be qualified or equivalent in a scientific discipline and must have strong man management experience.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz Sheikh at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz on 0161 868 2202.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: PCR, Toxicology, DNA, RNA, Forensic testing, DNA testing, drug toxicity, DMPK, ADME-TOX, Toxicity, DNA assay, DNA extraction, DNA fingerprinting
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.