Multiple Assay Development Scientists required for exciting new roles with dynamic life science company in StirlingTitle Assay Development Scientist Location StirlingSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with...
Development ScientistOxfordshireCompetitive salary and excellent career prospects
As a key member of the development team, the role will focus on the running and analysing of sequencing libraries with the aim to up the throughput, consistency and accuracy. The successful candidate will assist with method development for library preparation on a multi flowcell scale, as well as run and debug multiple flowcell experiments with regards to sequencing performance. The successful candidate will have to develop a good understanding of the software/firmware/hardware to aid debug.Skills and Experience
- Strong background in analysing large datasets.
- Experience working with python, ipython notebooks and MySQL databases is desirable.
- A keen eye for detail
- A willingness to learn and to contribute to intelligent cross-functional discussions within the team
- Excellent communication and reporting skills are essential.
- BSc in a relevant degree (Physical Sciences)
- Familiar with Basic laboratory practices
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.