Graduate Laboratory Technician required, based in Liverpool. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Food Science or similar discipline, paired with hands-on experience of using GC...
Exciting opportunity for a Graduate Development Technician, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or other relevant discipline, paired with a self-motivated attitude, excellent communications skills and strong interpersonal/networking skills
Title: Graduate Development Technician
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £19,000 per annum
SRG is working with a leading manufacturer of household and personal care products, who export their products on a global scale. As a result of their continued growth and new projects, they are now looking for a Graduate Development Technician to join their laboratory in Bradford. The role will involve research, development and formulation of new personal care products. This position would be well suited to a recent Chemistry graduate who is driven, can work independently and is willing to learn.
Benefits: Well established company offering an opportunity with full in-house training and a chance to develop their skills in a fast-paced R&D environment. 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), optional private healthcare, product discounts, matched pension scheme up to 8% and reward days for attendance. 38.5 hours worked from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, with a 3pm finish on Fridays.
Role / Description
- Assisting in the development and customisation of innovative new products
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain new raw materials
- Assisting with technical services projects to improve manufacturing processes or reduce product costs.
- Liaising with other internal teams, preparing and testing products/processes
- Preparing and supplying products and data to a high standard, working to tight deadlines.
- Checking quality and stability of products against agreed specifications.
- Assisting with development administration tasks, ensuring key records are kept up to date and accurate
- Following good development laboratory practice, including regular calibration checks of equipment
- Maintaining a clean, safe working environment
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or other relevant discipline with significant chemistry content
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills and able to work independently and use initiative to solve problems
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a recent Chemistry graduate with an interest in R&D, who is looking for their first role in the chemical industry.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, graduate, laboratory, R&D, product development, formulation
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.