Synthetic ChemistNorthumberlandPermanent PositionSalary Dependent on ExperienceAn innovative pharmaceuticals company in Northumberland are looking for a Synthetic Chemist to join their growing team and assist with...
Team Leader - Organic Synthetic Chemistry
Contract Type: Permanent
Highly competitive salary & benefits, dependent on experience
SRG are currently working with leading global organisation in West Yorkshire who are actively seeking an experienced Synthetic Organic Chemist to lead and manage a small team within agrochemical manufacturing.
The chosen individual will be responsible for providing technical input to Process Technology, defining suitable scale-up processes and driving improvements to existing, manufacturing processes.
You will be influential in initiating and implementing changes to established protocols, systems and/or ways of working. Hence, this is a fantastic opportunity for a Team Leader seeking a new challenge where they can make a real difference to company performance.
Role / Description:
- To apply a combination of theoretical and applied knowledge to process development activities across multi-disciplinary projects.
- Investigate technical challenges and implement appropriate, timely solutions.
- Ownership for delivery of supply chain goals such as capacity, robust supply, cost, licence to operate and product life cycle targets.
- To manage day to day expectations of stakeholders including project managers & supply chain teams.
- Degree level qualification in Chemistry or a related subject.
- Technical expertise in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, in particular applied to process scale-up/plant technology
- Prior scientific leadership experience - an ability to manage others, influence projects and drive innovation.
- Working knowledge of HSE legislation.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Rachel on 0161 868 2235.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: organic chemistry, synthetic chemistry, process improvement, process development, scale-up, agrochemicals.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.