Temporary Graduate Development Technician(Temporary Contract- 6 months)Location Greater Manchester Salary £18,000 £19,000 SRG have an immediate start opportunity with a leading specialist Chemicals Company...
Team Leader - Solid State Science & Crystallisation Development
Contract Type: Permanent
Highly competitive salary & benefits, dependent on experience
SRG are currently working with a multi-national speciality chemicals company who are seeking an experienced Team Leader to join their state-of-the-art facility in Cambridgeshire.
With multiple dedicated solid-state laboratories, the team will support the accelerated development of small molecule APIs through solid-form and physicochemical profiling, salt/polymorph and cocrystal screening and scale up processes, spanning from late discovery through to commercialisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of World Leaders in the field of Solid State Science & Crystallisation Development utilising the latest technologies in X-Ray Powder Diffraction & Single Crystal Diffraction.
- To efficiently manage multiple projects to required timescales and budgets, developing expertise in new technology in Solid State Science to fit project requirements.
- Supervising and providing technical leadership to a team of 6 scientists, proactively contributing to their scientific and personal development, reviewing the quality of their work and helping them to resolve problems.
- Proactively engaging in business development activities, including writing proposals and initiating new project discussions with existing clients and continually seeking opportunities for collaboration.
- To represent the company as a technical expert, both internally and externally.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent experience) in a Chemistry related discipline
- Significant experience in solid-state chemistry/crystallisation and/or pre-formulation.
- Proven experience leading projects and people in an industrial environment.
- Extensive understanding & knowledge of GMP, GLP and ISO 9001 is desirable.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Rachel on 0161 868 2235.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: solid state chemistry, crystallisation, pre-formulation, pharmaceutical science, API.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.