Technical Officer (Laboratory Technician)8 monthsUlveston CumbriaUp to £23,900 (depending upon experience)SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for...
Technical Officer (Laboratory Technician)
Ulveston - Cumbria
Up to £23,900 (depending upon experience)
SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for an Analytical Chemist to join their QC team in their facility in Ulveston. The purpose of the senior Analytical Chemist is to assist in providing a chemistry testing support service to the site functional areas that ensures product manufactured, raw materials and recovered solvents are of an appropriate standard, and comply with specifications, customer and regulatory authority.
- To carry out a range of testing using a number of techniques according to set priorities and schedules.
- To ensure that all work is carried out according to standard methods and procedures.
- To maintain standards of GLP and GMP consistent with regulatory expectation.
- To carry out recording, verification and reporting of laboratory work within established procedures.
- To take part in appropriate training and development of self and others as defined and agreed with line managers.
- To contribute expertise and knowledge to the review and update of documentation, methods and procedures.
- To be fully aware of, and apply the required standards of safety practice, for example, COSHH, Emergency Procedures, Fire Instructions
- To support and take an active part in Continuous improvement initiatives and objectives within the laboratory area which realise business benefits.
- To assist in Laboratory investigations as appropriate, LIR, equipment failure etc.
- To carry out non-routine, investigative or other support work as directed.
- Be educated to BSc level or equivalent in science or a similar discipline
- Have experience in the flowing techniques; HPLC, GC, Karl fisher, pH testing, dissolution & particle size analysis
- Able to work in a team with a flexible approach
- Good communication skills, planning and organising and report writing
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your CV
For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Umul on 0203 096 4529
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.