Laboratory AnalystNottinghamshireTemporary-to-Permanent £15,000 £21,000 per annum My client are an independent contract testing laboratory providing QC analysis to the pharmaceutical sector. They offer a inclusive...
£15,000 - £21,000 per annum
My client are an independent contract testing laboratory providing QC analysis to the pharmaceutical sector. They offer a inclusive range of analytical services from a cGMP laboratory, and have recognised expertise and experience within the pharmaceutical sector.
Under supervision this position will provide basic technical tasks as required to the laboratory facility. This position reports to the Laboratory Manager.
- Perform routine laboratory analysis and stability testing in accordance with current BP/EP/USP and client test methods
- Use of analytical equipment such as HPLC, GC, UV / IR, Wet chemistry (limit tests, identification tests, titration), Solid dosage form (dissolution, disintegration, hardness, friability), KF, AA,
- Perform non-standard laboratory analysis as required, Test method validation (ICH/VICH and client)
- Technology transfer
- Test method development
- Investigation of OOT/OOS results
- Report analysis results
- Check analysis results as required
- Perform basic maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment
- Maintain laboratory instrument log books
- 8Write and review SOP as required
- Perform daily and weekly housekeeping activities
- Work with an acceptable level of accuracy as determined in performance reviews
- Complete tasks within allocated time frame
- Safety - Be aware of the safety implications of operations within working environment ensuring compliance with working practices and procedures.
- Safety procedures always followed
- Correct use of PPE
- GMP - Be aware of regulatory requirements ensuring compliance with working practices and procedures
- Full, neat and accurate completion of documentation
- Assessment of RFT documentation
- Prompt and correct reporting of deviations from SOP
- Good housekeeping and cleanliness
- Audit - Co-operate as necessary with the audit team(s) to ensure that the audit process is effective, efficient and achieves its objectives
- Provide appropriate information in a timely manner
- Quality Assurance - Comply with all procedures of the QMS
- Comply with SOPs
- Discrepancies always raised
- Work Scheduling
- Plan own work as required ensuring that all objectives and deadlines are met.
- Instructions followed precisely and outcome reported
- Agreed deadlines met
- Identify and report when objective is not feasible
- Documentation - Complete documentation as directed by procedure.
- Documentation completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting - Identify & assess faults/process failure and report complex faults or take appropriate remedial action
- Report all failures in a timely manner
- Report all remedial action
- Carry out remedial actions and problem solving as required
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Relevant lab experience outside of university labs in the pharmaceutical or contract testing industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical experience
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.