Exciting opportunity for a Graduate Laboratory Technician, based in North Cheshire. Requiring a degree in Biomedical Science, Biochemistry or similar, paired with a self-motivated...
Graduate Laboratory Technician required, based in Liverpool. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Food Science or similar discipline, paired with hands-on experience of using GC or GC-MS instrumentation either at university or in an industrial environment.
Title: Graduate Laboratory Technician
Salary: £20,000 per annum
SRG is working exclusively with successful food manufacturing company who supply their products to a wide range of downstream companies in the food industry. They are now looking to recruit a Graduate Laboratory Technician to join the technical team at their site in Liverpool. The role would suit a recent Chemistry or Food Science graduate who has hands-on experience using GC or GC-MS instrumentation for analysis. The ideal candidate will be analytically minded, self-motivated and keen to learn and develop, as well as willing lead and take on responsibility.
Benefits: A well-established company offering a graduate role with full training provided and excellent potential for long term career development. 40 working hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible start and finish times. Offering 25 days holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days. Other benefits include a company pension, life assurance and private healthcare.
Role / Description
- Supporting the analysis of feedstock and final product using GC, GC-MS, ICP-OES, NMR and wet chemistry techniques
- Developing and validating new methods for testing on analytical equipment
- Conducting maintenance and troubleshooting on analytical equipment
- Establishing a point of contact and expertise for the laboratory
- Overseeing the maintenance of laboratory supplies and chemical stocks
- Training other members of staff in the use of analytical equipment
- Liaising with equipment suppliers and contractors for updates, repairs or troubleshooting purposes
- Degree in Chemistry or Food Science or similar
- Hands-on, practical experience using GC or GC-MS for analysis
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Confident, with good communication skills and a positive approach to solving problems
- Able to take ownership of tasks and thrive under pressure
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a recent Chemistry or Food Science graduate with some experience of GC or GC-MS to take on a challenging but rewarding role and become a future leader in this company.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, food science, graduate, gas chromatography, GC, gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, GC-MS, GCMS, laboratory, testing, analysis, method development, confident, responsibility, future leader
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.