Thermal Processing SpecialistGloucestershire In this role you will manage technical and business aspects of thermal processing and preservation dept and to generate, develop, deliver and...
Thermal Processing SpecialistGloucestershire
In this role you will manage technical and business aspects of thermal processing and preservation dept and to generate, develop, deliver and grow project work for clients.
The role will encompass all areas of thermal processing, with a particular focus on providing authoritative thermal preservation support to clients on process validation and process optimization. It will involve extensive, proactive liaison with both commercial clients and research-based organisations to understand, and meet, their needs in food processing, in order to generate increased revenue for the section. The role will involve development of collaborative links with industry, academia and other partners on an international level.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A graduate in a relevant food engineering or technology subject with demonstrable experience in the technical aspects of food processing. A higher degree in a subject relevant to food processing would be an advantage.
- A recognised and demonstrable range of experience in the thermal preservation area and extensive technical knowledge of the food industry.
- Ability to support, mentor and develop other colleagues and members of staff in their own provision of thermal processing consultancy to our clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrable experience in presenting scientific and technical messages to both industry and academia.
- Ability to work within defined timescales and budgets on a variety of commercial, training and research projects in the thermal processing area.
- Work with colleagues to scope and develop multi input proposals to meet client needs
- Ability to work alone and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Commercial awareness and experience of the food industry with particular reference to thermal processing.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.