I'm currently recruiting for an experienced Polymer Technologist for a well-established manufacturing company based in the Midlands. Reporting into the site R&D Manager, this is...
I'm currently recruiting for an experienced Polymer Technologist for a well-established manufacturing company based in the Midlands. Reporting into the site R&D Manager, this is a permanent role, paying £25-35,000 dependant on experience, and starts as soon as possible.
- To participate in R&D projects and develop technically innovative new polymer products, including generating new ideas and reporting on project progress
- Evaluate/introduce alternative raw materials and new processes to ensure cost reduction and technical improvement
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing and Sales & Marketing, helping to resolve process issues and see ideas through from trial status through process optimization to successful implementation.
- Develop effective working relationships with current suppliers and identify potential new suppliers
- Undertake internal testing and commission external testing when appropriate to aid in the benchmarking of competitor products
- Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry / Polymer Science / Related
- Previous industrial or academic experience developing formulating polymer products
- Adhesive / Coating / Plastic / Resin Experience
- Experience in delivery of new product development from concept to commercial launch
- Project management, Continues Improvement and Team Working skills
- Willingness to travel internationally (to meet suppliers/customers/research partners)
If this role looks of interest please apply online. For further information please call Tom Pickford on 0121 222 5344.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.