Global Quality Manager required, based in Merseyside. Requiring a Six Sigma Black Belt certification and extensive experience of quality operations in a chemical manufacturing...
Quality Manager required, based in Cheshire. Requiring experience in managing or supervising quality process and procedures with regards to personal care products, cosmetics, household care products, detergents, pharmaceuticals or biocidal products.
Title: Quality Manager
Salary: £34,000 - £37,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with a company specialising in the research and development of products for use in the personal care, household and healthcare industries. As a result of recent investment and growth, they are now looking for a Quality Manager to join the team at their facility in Cheshire. The role will involve establishing, monitoring and improving the various quality processes and procedures from supply chain to manufacture. The role would be excellent opportunity for an individual with a background in quality management for the manufacture of personal care or household care products.
Benefits: Innovative, growing company offering a genuine opportunity in modern and well-equipped working environment. 25 day holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days, company pension scheme, life assurance and share options. Flexible working hours of 36.5 hours per week, core hours of 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Defining and implementing the Quality Management Strategy across the supply chain spectrum, from raw materials to manufacture, with a clear focus on hygienic practice
- Approving raw material and product specifications, ensuring compliance to necessary regulations
- Documenting quality procedures and agreements within a database
- Mapping and assessing the end-to-end supply chain process to identify non-conformance, non-compliance, previous incidents and best practice
- Conducting audits on supply chain partners, including development, packaging and manufacturing operations
- Defining and leading interventions and corrective action plans where necessary and driving continuous improvement
- Maintaining records of quality incidents and customer complaints
- Monitoring the Technical Support Database to ensure queries are dealt with appropriately in a timely manner
- Ensuring traceability throughout the supply chain, putting processes in place where needed
- Maintaining a data set of top-line metrics to monitor performance and report on as required
- Proven experience in a leading or senior role in quality management or quality assurance for personal care, cosmetics, household care, detergents, biocidal or pharmaceutical products
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry (or similar) OR equivalent level of relevant work experience
- Any further qualifications in quality management would be advantageous
- Demonstrable knowledge of health, safety, quality and hygiene requirements relating to the full spectrum of supply chain operations
- Track record in monitoring and auditing QMS, suppliers and manufacturing processes
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with a proven background in quality management relating to the personal care, cosmetic, biocidal or household care industries
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: cosmetic, cosmetics, detergent, surfactant, biocide, biocidal, supply chain, quality, QA, quality assurance, quality management, QMS, continuous improvement, personal care, skin care, body care, disinfectant, cleaning products, antimicrobial, janitorial, chemistry, chemist, audit, manufacturing, hygiene
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.