Laboratory Technician (Molecular Biology)Do you hold a degree in a Biological Science coupled with some industry exposure, and looking for an opportunity to join a...
Laboratory Technician (Molecular Biology)
Do you hold a degree in a Biological Science coupled with some industry exposure, and looking for an opportunity to join a successful company working in Molecular based products?
My Cambridgeshire based client is a well established provider of molecular biology screening tools. Serving the healthcare, research, and clinical industries, their innovative products are distributed to a global customer network.
As my client continues to experience success they are now seeking a Laboratory Technician, who holds some industry exposure, to be based in their Production team to work on the customisation of Molecular products.
The main responsibilities of the role will include;
* Utilising Molecular based techniques for customer orders
o DNA Labelling
* Production tasks such as PCR/amplification and Nick translation
* Monitor and maintain stock levels of reagents and other materials
* Accurate completion of batch paperwork.
To be considered for the Laboratory Technician position, candidates will have:
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biological Science or a related subject.
* Skills within Molecular techniques such as PCR, DNA based work.
* Some industry experience is essential for this role
* Self drive and motivation, and ability to work as part of a team.
This is a great opportunity to join a small team working on customisation of products within Molecular Biology for customer orders.
My client will offer training as required to perform the role and has a good development structure in place.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 234768
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.