Synthetic ChemistNorthumberlandPermanent PositionSalary Dependent on ExperienceAn innovative pharmaceuticals company in Northumberland are looking for a Synthetic Chemist to join their growing team and assist with...
Job Role: Synthetic Chemist
Vacancy type: Permanent
Starting Salary: £18000, rising to £19000 after probation
Are you a Synthetic Chemist looking to work with an independent, technology-based company, providing the pharmaceutical and biotech industry?
My client is specialised in the process development and the manufacturing of peptides and complex organic molecules as active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), as well as innovative biochemicals for research purposes. With affiliates in Europe and the US, my client works on a global scale and holds a leading position in this field.
An opportunity is now available within the Synthesis Laboratory of the UK lab.
Working in the Synthesis Laboratory you will be a part of a team being part of developmental synthesis of custom and catalogue peptides. The chemist will perform Solid phase peptide synthesis (SPPS) of custom and catalogue peptides using a range of automated synthesisers, performing manual on-resin modifications and cleavage of the peptide from the resin.
- Operation of a range of automated synthesisers (PTI Symphony, Sonata and Tribute)
- Preparation of amino acid solutions and solvents for all automated synthesisers
- Operation of HPLC with Unipoint software for monitoring of peptides at intermediate stages of synthesis and interpretation of results
- Operation of ABI Voyager MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometer for the mass identification of peptides at intermediate stages of synthesis and interpretation of results
- Performing a wide range of on-resin manual modifications
- Performing manual SPPS
- Responsibility for the set-up and loading of all instruments and written work for manual modifications including checks and approvals
- Performing peptide cleavages across a range of scales
- Documentation and reporting of all work completed, both written and oral
- Comply with SOP's in all aspects of work
- Perform the more complex and challenging manual modifications and cleavages
- Assist the Synthesis Manager in managing departmental and personnel tasks
The Successful Synthetic Chemist will have a Degree or higher Degree in a Chemistry based subject and a good knowledge of SPPS.
If you are looking to work with world-class Protein development and manufacturing organisation, please apply online or send your CV directly to Harrison Bailey on . If you have any questions, please contact Harrison Bailey directly on 0161 868 2238.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.