Senior Scientist/Scientists required for innovative pharmaceutical company in GlasgowTitle Senior Scientist / Scientist Infection ImmunologyLocation GlasgowSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with an innovative and growing pharmaceutical...
Senior Scientist/Scientists required for innovative pharmaceutical company in Glasgow
Title - Senior Scientist / Scientist - Infection Immunology
Location - Glasgow
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with an innovative and growing pharmaceutical company - as a result of their continued success they are looking to hire an experienced Senior Scientist or Scientist to undertake a challenging and diverse role within the Product Development team. The main function of the role will be to use expertise in infectious diseases to develop the understanding of T cell function in infection in relation to developing novel cell therapies. The role would be suited to someone with a strong background in primary cell culture, working with infectious material, flow cytometry and cell-based assays.
My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to be involved in this exciting area of therapeutics.
Role / Description
- Design and optimise in vitro assays to assess T cell responses.
- Identify candidate antigens for targeting through novel receptor designs.
- Work with others in the Product Development team to develop T cells to target specific antigens and identify lead candidates through testing.
- Design and perform flow cytometry experiments.
- Develop SOPs for use of patient or donor material in clinical applications.
- Develop and transfer QC Assays for final cell therapy products.
- Working independently and with the team to analyse data, draw appropriate conclusions and decide upon next steps.
- Maintaining documentation to appropriate quality standards.
- Carrying out literature reviews/collating information for the development of novel assays or the improvement of current processes.
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD level qualification in a life science related discipline with experience working primary immune cells, performing cell based assays and flow cytometry.
- You will be experienced in safely working with pathogenic infectious agents and have a strong understanding of immunotherapy and cell therapies, ideally gained through industrial experience.
- You will be familiar with working in a GxP environment and experience in writing SOPs, papers and patent applications with a strong commercial mindset.
- You must have excellent attention to detail, communication skills and organisational skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: infection, infectious disease, primary cell culture, cell based assays, flow cytometry, immunotherapies, manufacturing, GMP, T cell, cell based therapies
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.