An exciting opportunity for a Research Scientist to join a start-up company in the North West of England.Job Title: Research ScientistVacancy type: 12 months FTCArea:...
We are looking for a R&D Biochemist to join the team at one of our presitigious clients, a global animal nutrition company, to join their growong team.
This is a permanent role, based in the East Midlands, paying £25,000-35,000.
The role will focus on research projects looking into animal nutrition, metabolism, digestive health and oral care. The main lab work will include haematological and biochemical analysis to look at the effects of new products, including developing/modifying existing assays for different species. By looking at the levels of specific nutrients and biomarkers, the role will look to assess recently developed products and provide insight into potential new products.
- Planning of research projects and designing/conducting laboratory experiments
- Developing and/or modifying existing methodologies for use in different species
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of animal nutrition industry, providing technical expertise to other company departments
- Supervising/guiding more junior lab staff/analyst
- Analysing and interpreting data, reporting back results
- Degree (or equivalent) in Biochemistry / Biomedical Sciences / Related
- Previous industrial or post graduate experience in assay development/validation
- Previous experience in lab H&S and supervising junior staff is advantageous
If this role looks of interest please apply online. For further information please call Andrew on 0121 222 5329
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.