Laboratory Research Scientist Chemistry.12 Month Contractor PositionLeicestershire£17,000 £20,000Contact Andrew: 0121 222 5329 We are looking for a laboratory analyst to join the laboratory team at...
Laboratory Research Scientist - Chemistry.
12 Month Contractor Position
£17,000 - £20,000
Contact Andrew: 0121 222 5329
We are looking for a laboratory analyst to join the laboratory team at one of our presitigious clients. This is a 12 month contractor role (maternity cover), and the role reports to the laboratory scientist team leader.
You will be expected to use your scientific understanding to process and analyse biological samples to generate high quality data. Be responsible for, and carry out, a variety of experimental techniques and methodologies, with a high degree of competence and technical skill, to meet the needs of research projects.
In this role you will...
- Undertake processing and analysis of samples in accordance with trial protocol, method documents and SOPs. Predominately this work will focused on chemical mapping.
- Ensure accurate data recording of results and QC data and communicate results in appropriate format to internal customers.
- Carry out maintenance of key laboratory equipment in accordance with laboratory practices to ensure optimal operation.
- Source, order and maintain stock levels for all consumables required for chemical analysis.
- Attend trial and project meetings to understand the context of projects and to be informed of relevant information. Input into project discussions to ensure efficient and effective delivery of chemistry analysis.
- Communicate effectively between Research Scientist, Team Leader other laboratory users and project team to update internal stakeholders on project progress and any issues.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed electronic laboratory notebook of all experimental work performed according to WCPN guidelines. Maintain an accurate record of all samples collected and processed on the Waltham sample database.
- Carry out work within the laboratory in accordance with HS&E and quality requirements. Support laboratory owners to implement and maintain quality and health and safety initiatives.
- Work with the wider laboratory team to drive efficiency and optimal ways of working within the laboratory.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Educated to minimum of degree level in a scientific discipline.
- Must have experience of working within a laboratory.
- Experience of processing biological samples for routine analysis is desirable but full training can be provided.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.